Metropolitan Opera 2010 Summer HD Festival
09/08/2010 § Leave a comment
Starting August 28 and running for 10 consecutive nights, the Metropolitan Opera will screen HD films of some of their best loved and most popular operas in Lincoln Center Plaza for free. Even with 2800 seats — available on a first-come, first-served basis — this popular series always runs out of seating, so be sure to get there early.
- Saturday, August 28 at 8pm – Puccini’s Tosca
- Sunday, August 29 at 8pm – Mozart’s Magic Flute
- Monday, August 30 at 715pm – Strauss’s Der Rosenkavelier (with Fleming)
- Tuesday, August 31 at 715pm – Adams’s Doctor Atomic
- Wednesday, September 1 at 745pm – Offenbach’s Les Contes d’Hoffmann (with Netrebko)
- Thursday, September 2 at 8pm – Puccini’s La Boheme
- Friday, September 3 at 8pm – Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel
- Saturday, September 4 at 8pm – Puccini’s Turandot
- Sunday, September 5 at 8pm – Verdi’s Aida
- Monday, September 6 at 745pm – Bizet’s Carmen
Lincoln Center is between Amsterdam and Columbus Aves, at 65th.
You can find more information on the festival here.