Quite Continental Mix II
18/07/2012 § 5 Comments
- Francoise Hardy — Le temps de l’amour
- DJ Cam & Anggun — Un Eté à Paris
- Serge Gainsbourg — Cha cha cha du loup
- Nina Simone — Feeling Good
- Gotan Project & Thelonius Monk — Round About Midnight
- Charles Aznavour — Je M’voyais Déjà
- Bitter: Sweet — Dirty Laundry
- Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald — Summertime
- Yves Montand — Pour faire le portrait d’un oiseau
- Shirley Bassey — Where do I begin? (Away Team mix)
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse — Valerie
- Peggy Lee — Fever
- Duffy — Warwick Avenue
- Nina Simone — Lilac Wine
- Stan Getz, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Astrud Gilberto — Corcovado
- Billie Holiday — Speak Low (Bent remix)
- Sammy Davis Jr. — The Lady is a Tramp
A mix that is a little French, a little jazzy and features more than a few of my favorite divas (Dame Shirley Bassey! Nina!). This time around, I wanted to hear the old with the new, so along with the classics, you will notice a few remixes by Gotan Project and Verve, and a few new songs, a few selections by Stéphane Pompougnac (sidenote: did you hear the rumor about Hôtel Costes settling into Tribeca? Yes please!) — but nothing too dancey. Perfect for a sultry summer evening. Enjoy.
You may have also noticed this is my first Spotify playlist, which you can access via the embedded player above, or this link. Let me know if you have any problems with either, yes? And, you can find Mix I here.
*Updated: I also created an abbreviated version of this playlist on 8tracks.com if you don’t/can’t use Spotify. I wasn’t aware Spotify is unavailable outside of the US! Find it here.*
Photo of Lena Horne, singing in Paris in 1947, taken by Yael Joel for Life Magazine.