QC Prêt-à-Porter || Sailing Into Spring
03/04/2013 § 1 Comment
A weekend for west coasting…
Boy. by Band of Outsiders sailboat printed silk crepe de chine shirt
Mih Jeans Paris cropped mid-rise straight-leg jeans
La Perla Donna Eleonora molded underwire bra
J.Crew wool twill schoolboy blazer
The Hill-side selvedge ticking stripe twill pocket square
Clare Vivier Besace embossed bag
Charles Philip Sheila chambray flats
Nothing like a pair of white jeans to get you in the mood for warmer climates. With my upcoming trip to Los Angeles this weekend (a bit more on that later), I’m definitely breaking that old “no white pants before Memorial Day” rule. Just you wait and see.
On the docket:
Trying to remember why I booked a 7am flight. Seriously?
Finishing up Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Quite Continental Breakfast:
bits and bobs for your weekend wander
- My article this week for the BKLYN Dry Goods blog: visiting the largest vintage poster collection in the world at Philip Williams Posters
- A discussion of the evolution and masters of the “lifestyle brand” — namely Ralph, Sir Paul, and Jeremy (as in Lauren, Smith and Hackett) — in light of the upcoming release of Charles Vallance’s and David Hopper’s The Branded Gentry: How a New Era of Entrepreneurs Made Their Names (Elliott & Thompson), via the FT.
- A profile of Dame Margaret Barbour and a look at her remarkably successful guidance of the iconic brand that bears her last name, via Telegraph.
- An entirely new school of etiquette has sprung forth to help you deal with those novel situations that Emily Post didn’t ponder, such as how to conduct yourself at a nude beach or if emoticons are appropriate in business emails, via The New York Times.
- Evidently the real reason I listen to Ke$ha when I’m working out is because she maintains an optimal number of beats per minute, or so the Wall Street Journal tells me. (Please note: this is a workout jams judgement free zone)
Have a lovely weekend!